GE Capital is looking for a Web User Experience/Design Lead to partner with marketing and other process owners to improve user experience for customer facing web and mobile solutions. The candidate will create and document user experience, site functionality and design, including access, visualization, navigation, and analytics.
The successful candidate will lead efforts to translate high level business strategies, customer specific requirements, marketing best practices and trends, usability guidelines and technical development standards into innovative user interface designs. This hands-on role is responsible for understanding enterprise wide online strategies and other business and technical processes and streamlining and improving our overall online customer experience.
- User experience, information architect and/or design experience in creating new or enhanced web sites, service oriented web applications and/or mobile applications
- Partners with IT project managers and business process owners to understand business and functional requirements related to end-user experience. Communicates and obtains buy-in for user experience designs with internal stakeholders
- Initiates, conceptualizes, and leads creation of user-centered, best in class designs based on business and functional requirements, user research, market analysis, customer feedback, and a thorough understanding of usability best practices
- Develops conceptual diagrams, site maps, wireframes, visual mockups, usage scenarios, navigation maps, and prototypes that include visually compelling design elements and adhere to GE branding guidelines
- Participates in, reviews, and analyzes user research and usability testing and results to determine best user interface design solutions to improve user experience
- Acts as information architect or interfaces with information architects to understand how information is stored, modeled, and tagged, and identifies way to visualize and present information in a user-friendly manner
- Develops guidelines, standards, user-centered design processes and ensures that they are fully integrated into the user-centered product development lifecycle. Liaison with Corporate teams to keep all policies and guidelines up to date
- Constantly assesses, evaluates, and integrates best practices in web and application design and industry innovations in graphics and display technologies. Pushes the limits of web design, including but not limited to Web 2.0 techniques, social media tools, and mobile applications
- Contributes to design standards and component libraries and promotes user-centered design throughout the organization
Qualifications and Requirements
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology, Business or a related field
- Two years of professional experience (or a high school diploma / GED with a minimum four years of professional experience)
- Must have unrestricted authorization to work in the United States
- Must be able to satisfy the requirements of Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act
- Must be willing to comply with pre-employment screening, including but not limited to, drug testing, reference verification and background check
- Must be willing to travel 25% of the time
- GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen.
- User experience/information architect and/or design experience in creating new or enhanced web sites, oriented web applications or mobile applications
- Strong experience with web/graphic design software and tools and wireframe prototyping tools, such as Photoshop, Illustrator, Fireworks
- Working knowledge of information and web architecture, including design considerations
- Bachelor’s degree in human-computer interaction, usability, graphic design, interactive design, new media, visual arts, computer science or related field
- Two+ years’ experience in website design and site development. Passion for design
- Project management skills. Ability embrace and adapt to change. Ability to balance long-term and short-term goals
- Experience in usage and behavioral analytics to inform UX design
- Experience following industry web trends in design, functionality and technology
- Experience in designing for iPhone or other mobile apps
For more information and to apply, visit the GE online job posting.